Sunday, December 4, 2011



    Princeton  adult  school  had  cake  decorating  class  in  November - " Be  your  own  cake  designer".  Even  I'd  taken  Wilton  cake  decorating  class  years  ago,  and  know  how  to  ice  and  decorate  the  cakes,   I  decided  take  a  class.  Class  was  held  at  McCafrey's   supermarket,  in  Princeton,  on  the  second  floor.  



      Teacher,  Chris  Houwen,  wonderful  person  and  great  cake  decorator,  works  at  MacCafrey's bakery.  She  decorates  cakes.  Chris  showed   us  how  to  ice  the  cake,  how  to  make  buttercream  flowers,    borders  and  some  other  decorating  techniques.






    This  is  the  rose  I  made  in  the  class.  Make  buttercream  rose  isn't  easy,  make  a  perfect  rose,  needs  a  lot  of  practise  and  patience.





    In  the  last  class   we  decorated  7  inch,  two  layer   cake  and  took  at  home.  Buttercream  color  of  our  choice,  I  chose  blue  and  yellow.






      I  was  going  to  Peggy's  and  took  cake  to  her,  she  liked  the  cake  and  sad:  was  beautifully  decorated.



 

  This  is  finished  cake,  which  I  decorated  in  the  class.   I'm  looking  forward  take  advanced   cake   decorating  class  at  spring. 
 




No comments:

Total Pageviews