Saturday, April 30, 2011

Birthday cakes.



    This  is   a  white  vanilla  cake,  with  buttercream  frosting,  made  for  my  friend  Eka,  almost  three  years  ago.   I  decorated   with  gum  paste  roses  and  butterflies.



     home-and-garden.webshots.com  has  very  good  step  by  step  tutorial -  how  to  make  gum paste  roses.  If  I   make  gum  paste  roses  again,  I'll  use  same  tutorial.  It's  great.




    This  cake  was   made  again  for  Eka  last  year  on  her  birthday.  Two  layer  cake  with  cooked  cream  filling  and  buttercream  icing,  decorated  with  small  fondant  flowers  and  ribbon.  I  like  decorating  with  ribbons,  it  gives  a  cake  nice  look.

    Between  layers  I  put  fresh  fruit,  kiwi  and  banana,  for  extra  taste.  Fruit   added  to  the  beauty  of  the  cake  and  I  said  to  myself:  I  have  to  decorate  cakes  with  fresh  fruit  often.



   Kiwi  is  a  beautiful  fruit, isn't  it?


No comments:

Total Pageviews