Friday, September 16, 2011

Famous people food and drink quotes : Winston Churchill.



     "When  I  was  younger  I  made  it  a  rule  never  to  take  strong  drink  before  lunch.  It  is  now  my  rule  never   to  do  so  before  breakfast."


     "When  Nancy  Astor  said  to  Churchill:  "Sir,  if  I  were  your  wife  I  would  put  poison  in  your  coffee."  Winston  riposted  with:  "Madam,  if  I  were  your  husband,  I  would  drink  it."


      During  a  visit  to America,  Winston  Churchill  was  invited  to  a  buffet  luncheon  at  which  cold  fried  chicken  was  served.  Returning  for  a  second  helping,  he  asked  politely,  " May  I  have  some  breast?"    "Mr.  Churchill,"  replied  the  hostess,  "in  this  country  we  ask  for  white  meat  or  dark  meat."     Churchill  apologized  profusely.  The  following  morning,  the  lady  received  a  magnficent  orchid  from  her  guest  of  honor.  The  accompanying  card  read:  I  would  be  most  obliged  if  you  would  pin  this  on  your  white  meat."



   

No comments:

Total Pageviews